CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My Two Favorite Kids

My Two Favorite Kids
Cameron 8, and Cayla 4

About Me

Right now I am in a very exciting time in my life. I finally found a career that I really love, with a product and a company that really cares about people. I have always felt like I wanted to help others, but didn't quite know how. I have two amazing kids, that encourage me all the time, and I feel that they are really proud of me. I want to provide them with the best in life. I hope to show them amazing places, and a rewarding life. Ryan and I are growing together as a team after years of "off" schedules, and we are looking forward to an amazing 08' and on.

Drink Your Bazi

Drink Your Bazi
http://www.drinkbazi.com/shannam

Sister's Forever

Sister's Forever

Monday, October 13, 2008

What happend to the ambitious?

I have not posted on here in a long time, and I am not sure if anyone looks here anyway. So this is more therapeutic for me than anything.
It seems to me that the older people get, the more ambition that is lost. Why is that? As kids, we have these hopes and dreams for the future. Whether that be a ballerina, (I was never one, so I can't say that I have ever dreamt that, but for sake of argument) Football player, doctor etc.
We go down the path of life, and find that dreaming is just a waste of time, and what is meant to be is meant to be. God planned this for me. Hog wash!
Of course this is not how everyone thinks, but for the majority, their dreams will happen when they win the Lotto or get something for free.
I can say, I have lived that way for probably the first 11 or 12 years after high school. I am so lucky that I have not fallen into the majority forever. Something pulled me out of that place. It really started with The Secret. Loaned to Ryan and I by Jeff Frink. Thanks Jeff!
It's not just The Secret or Bazi that has changed me, like some of you may be thinking I am thinking. Although they certainly opened doors and I am completely grateful for these things. Anyhow, back to the point.
What gets me about the majority, is that they believe they are entitled to something. The book called, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind (or should I say CD) was an incredible example of how Americans SHOULD think of money.
Take for instance this idea of taxing the rich more than anyone else. WHAT?? Because they worked harder? Because they actually get off their *ss and did something with their life? I don't think so folks. I know I am not rich,(yet. and I am going to help so many others become wealthy to) but I don't want them to pay for my short-comings. I am not going to blame them for my failures, my debt, or blame them because a would rather watch tv.
Ambition needs to be brought back into this country. Along with keeping your word. (but that is another topic) If people really want to change this country. No one person can do it. No President. No one but yourself. If everyone would get off the couch, find a good reason to do so, and look themselves in the mirror. We then can do what we need to do. We can find that ambition again.
If you need to lose weight, what is stopping you? Get disciplined folks. If you need to make more money, look for opportunities! There are tons out there. Ryan and I have a fantastic way to make money, just people don't have the ambition to check it out. If it is not Bazi, find something else you like to do. Research it all! Read a good book. Not a book that is fiction or some pointless story, I mean a book to help you become a better person. If you want to help people, go help someone.
We all can do more. We all can make America what it once was. It is just too bad it has turned so lazy. And you know what? That can change if you do. Only you can stop it. Let's not pass this lazy gene to our kids. I can tell you right now. I sure as hell am not. If you need any help with some books on this subject. I have read a few good ones. I am not saying I am perfect, by any means, I have my challenges every day, but I am determined to keep trying.
If you are already a ball of energy and have it all together, then awesome. Now go help someone by being a good example.

2 comments:

Anne said...

didn;t know you had a blog till today!

landstromline said...

AMEN Sista!!! I totally agree with you. I miss you guys and think of you often. You are an amazing couple and I am so blessed to call you friend.

Love you,
Sheryl